Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sense of Direction in the Dark

The space between is never dark, but still
is where I lose myself when I'm with you.
Am I you? I'm not sure, but know I will
be more myself to lose this dark for you.

This dark is soot, is cloud complaint, a day
that leaves itself for night, and thinks it's won;
mud of rude argument or silent way
of unthought speech, an old war never won

will not invade this space, this safety dark
our hearts have tidied, hands smoothed over.
Transparent plains between not dark at all:
we see within, across, without -- not over.

Let us be fools to let the world's dark be:
Come love, kiss dark which once was you and me.


~~

12 19 06

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice new ones----
esp. the green one below here how's things been?

decided to end it on this frontier, for the sake of oil painting--but still going to the big conf (year three) this year

is soyo where you and pj are now?

if so congrats!
xxoo!

me
your old writerly pal, v aka adrienne

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more thing, john e

check out wordpress, very free & cool new blogging thang you will adore & so will pj

A.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home