Sunday, July 03, 2005

sunday afternoon flange

neil leach, who's an internet bud of mine posted something called black soil blues a while back. to me it was a fractured new blues, and i wanted to put it to music. well, i put it to something like music anyway. appropriately sloppy, but abridged enough to go by quickly. here's the audio link:


http://www.geocities.com/pj_nights/blacksoilblues.mp3


and here's the lyric:


black soil blues


--neil c. leach jr.


woke up in a hole
that was seven miles deep
heavy in my pocket
was a death's hand key

if you pass
be so kind
throw some dirt down on me
down on me


small speck of blue
sure can't be touched
struck a match for some heat
but it didn't help much

forgot your scent
forgot my name
makes no difference
where i lay

weather won't wet
sun came unstuck
shoulda known better
but i trusted to luck

heard a dog in the distance
my boy's howlin' for hunger
he could have my right hand
if i could roll up with the thunder

no need to wonder
no reason to think
no rhyme in my memory
eyes too dry to blink

2 Comments:

Blogger Pris said...

Hi ejohn
Saw your comment on Rae's blog and have wondered what you've been up to. Hey, this song really sings for me tonight. I'm going to add you to my links on my own blog unless you object. I'd like to keep up with what you do.

7:37 PM  
Blogger johnee said...

yay hi Pris, pin me up on yr blog.

these days i do east/west and ERWA poetry. and write, and now gddammit i blog - i do blog, right? i eman: what goes on here - this is blogging?

i like neil's words - they are the most depressing dead-end words. funny too, in that dead way.

thanks for stopping by.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home