Tuesday, July 05, 2005

dj synistar synapse

i'm caught caught
where the cold dark fingers trace


just another movie
another song and dance


i am lost lost
by the storm clouds am tossed


another poor sucker who never had a chance

now here come the snow deep

just another captain
going down with his ship


and i will take sleep sweet Margaret my dear
tell me
it was a long and a strong and a sweet year
indeed to get lost in


just another jerk taking pride in his work

no one to watch me when i die

just another movie

how will i live again?

*

MIKE HERON / PAT MACDONALD BARBARA K

*




This is a weird mash of some of the song lyrics to Explorer by The Incredible String Band, and Just Another Movie by Timbuck 3. *** Movie is a slight dark rocker, well put together. ** I used to listen to Timbuck 3. I liked how they could solidly rock in their best songs and still be able to goof or love or give you the lil willies. *** Explorer is a simply gorgeous rock song, raw and to the point, even with a few woodwinds and stuff. *** The attitude behind each song is so different. ***** The little thing above is the clash of these two outlooks: the grand and the offhand. * Sometimes a song runs through your head like say Rikki Don't Lose That Number, or some little bit of Mozart's 40th even. I get 'em two or three at a time, sometimes in tight rotation and sometimes like the piece above, jambled. * * * And like, the captain thing was the center, and now I just don't know: particle, wave, if a tree falls in the woods does it make the water sad?

Don't mind me, I'm listening to music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ca said...

:)

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home