Tuesday, May 15, 2007

WALL OF JASMINE

built through the twisted blades of someone's lunch

light we say we want but leave when the colors flash
alternately when the trees are too bright

it's not a wall, but a fork in the stop sign
we are eating we purse lips then wipe them
as we go on

you are the one who admits
it's me who really is the one who writes you
and who scents the jasmine?
i think of you
of me
of lunch

you never admit it is me
who is talking like now
you are talking to me
and i talk to myself
in these words
of concern for you

every night i walk past the wall of jasmine
updating my attractions
sometimes the air is sick with beauty
the wall is markers on mounded graves
vertical crypts of beauty
we i you dare not leave tears
misunderstood like theorums
used for their use
my tears are scents unto themselves
ourselves yourself

well of jasmine my life thrown in
harsh light yesterday candle tonight
neon future scent on the wind

scabgravesmell not avoided
but absorbed when sentence fails
ping pang pong

i stuff a bunch in my pocket as noonday workers laugh
and walk on to you

me
us

~

5 1 07

1 Comments:

Blogger Cinnette said...

that's beautiful.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home