Sunday, June 24, 2007

sittin' on a fence

Act of Remembering


Funny isn't it?
Sad? The place
we remember really
only exists inside each of us;
it will vanish when we do.

Nick


~


the most difficult times, and they don't come often
something like
an old rolling stones song not heard for 40 years
and then when i do that line i've sung to myself for years
i find is wrong    all these years
i've remembered it wrong

difficult times once in a while in the sense that
for a little while i'm liable to totter against the grain
of my life, my life barely stitched together
the more i wear it the more it slips apart

all those nights we sat on the hill and watched    the river, the palisades
i remember a few only, remember like i do old songs i love, songs
i can't get out of my head, my nights, my songs
will vanish when i do.


~


6 21 07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home